In order to alleviate poverty and improve citizen’s standard of living, Olorunkuse Abule Teacher Community in Ipokia Local Government Area of Ogun State has benefited from the World Bank Community assisted projects worth over N9m through the support of Ogun State Community and Social Development Agency.
The Board Chairman, Ogun State Community and Social Development Project, Mr. Oladipupo Odeyemi made this known during an inspection visit to the projects formations in Ipokia, disclosing that the projects comprised of Community Town Hall, with provision of potable water facility scheme worth N6, 704,229 and the extension and distribution of power supply worth N3,235,954, for the people residing within and outside the community.
According to him, the agency, in partnership with the World Bank is supporting communities with the construction of Health centres, boreholes, electrification, schools, community hall among others, saying, the World Bank provided 90 percent of the total expenditure, while the community raised the remaining 10 percent.
Odeyemi thanked the leadership of the community for judiciously utilizing the first tranche of the largesse for the benefit of the people, saying such dedication, transparency and commitment to selfless services exhibited, would go a long way in affirming Ogun as a truthful and reliable State among comity of states.
In his contribution, the Chairman, Ogun State Community Development Council, Mr. Rasaq Ikupoluyi stressed the need to see the project as a source of revenue, especially the Community Hall, saying revenue generated should be further dedicated to pressing challenges in the area.
In his welcome address, the Agency Operation Manager, Mr. Ibiyinka Amosun, disclosed that over 800 communities has shown interest of participation but due to technical and operational issues, some could not benefit, saying, ‘’the agency’s door is open for enquiry and advise’’.
Appreciating the State Government and the World Bank for the generosity, the Caretaker Chairman of the Local Government, Hon. Shuaib Adeoshun said he was happy that these magnificent projects were executed during his tenure, urging the people to see the projects as their personal ventures and protect them all the time.
In his response, one of the Community leaders, Mr. Obanla Joseph while calling on other communities in the State to avail the agency on project demanding urgent attention, thanked the State Government and World Bank for their support at improving the living standard of the people.